Monday, January 11, 2016

Apocalypse

PRAYER FOR PEACE:  Jan 11, 2016, 9am P.T.
FOCUS:  Apocalypse




























Beloved,

This Love of Thine shall carry me
Into the heart of the flames
And hold me there with abstinence
Until my soul is charred black
And my mind, embers
Until my eyelids become ash
And vanish with the wind
That I no more may look away
From all that threatens to alter me
Until suffering becomes Glory
And I hold it like a precious jewel
And feel the pain of all the world
In the opening of a single wound

This Love of Thine shall carry me
Into the mouth of the cave
And stand in the shadows
Watching
As I scramble and agonize
Terrified of the dark
Left with nothing
But the horrors of my own imaginings
Until so consumed 
That my eyes turn inward
Flicker once
And are finally opened
To the Rapture
Of the Light and the Way within

This Love of Thine shall carry me
With a will to destroy
Into the Maelstrom
Like a reckless vagrant
As everything around me surrenders
To the rage of the storm
And my bones shake
In the ruins of the world
Until I no longer fear
Nor seek shelter
But am strengthened 
By this Apocalypse
And rise
Like the phoenix
Triumphant...
For I have seen what Love can do




Amen.






by Siren






2 comments: