Monday, February 1, 2016

Our Song

PRAYER FOR PEACE:  Feb 1, 2016, 9am P.T.
FOCUS:  Our Song




Beloved,

You are the Universe
And the world fades away
It’s details scattered and spread
Across Your vastness
Lit up like snowflakes against the night sky
I see everything
Layer upon layer
Once Indistinguishable in number
Now catalogued and filed
I begin
Examining each fragment 
Through your microscope eyes
Like a scientist
Meticulous and precise
Sifting through a hundred-million 
Perfectly-placed particles
Until You swoop in through the window
Like a great bird
Casting my resolutions into the wind
And lifting me off the ground 
Eons of study and mathematical order
Lost to the flutter of Your glorious wings
Whirling with You
They take on Your rhythm
As You spin them into Your melody
And there am I
At their centre
Source from which they came
Threads entwined between our fingers and toes
Weaving us into Holy Composition
I, the notes
You, the Score
Our Masterpiece is written
Inscribed across the empyrean
Sealed within the archives of time
Where it shall lay silent
Waiting to be discovered
By the soul who holds the instrument
And longs to finally play
Our Song...




Amen




by Siren







1 comment: