Monday, September 17, 2012

Divine Love


PRAYER FOR PEACE
Monday,  September 17, 2012 9am P.S.T.
FOCUS:   Divine Love




















Oh, that I could Love Thee, Beloved, 
As if I had knelt at Thy feet 
And felt the touch of Thy hand on my brow, 
and heard Thy gentle voice 
That uttered absolutions 
And gave encouragement to the sick 
And the unfortunate. 
Oh, that I could Love Thee, 
As those You touched Love Thee
As the needy children whom You comforted Loved Thee, 
As the sick ones You healed Loved Thee 
As Your closest friends Loved Thee, 
If I could Love Thee, as she, who knew Thee best,
Thy blessed Mother, Loved Thee, 
And most of all, Beloved, 
As Thou hast Loved me.
Let me at least Love Thee 
With all my heart and soul and mind and strength. 
And let my Love be worthy of Thy name,
Showing itself by dedication, 
By generosity, 
By sacrifice,
Acknowledging that all that comes from You is a Gift,
Counting no cost when I work for Thee,
Giving up gladly anything
When Thou dost ask it, 
When it will to serve Thee better 
And to further the interests of Thy Sacred Heart.
Dispose of me, Beloved, as Thou pleasest; 
For I am entirely Thine. 
I offer Thee all that I am and all that I have. 
I shall give all for Thy Glory 
Come, my Beloved, 
Crucified for the Love of me. 
Come, my Beloved, 
In the sacrament of Thy Love, 
And be Thou mine, 
As I am Thine. 
Amen
- (traditional Catholic prayer - edited)

No comments:

Post a Comment