FOCUS: The Rose
Beloved,
Contrary trance of awakening
Your finger pressed against my lips
I fall silent before You
Wordless whispers enticing me
Drawing me up from within
Pulling me out from this comfortable place
Unclothed and unprepared
Your eyes upon me
Reflecting my past
I am ashamed
Even as You caress me
Kiss my imperfections tenderly
Heal me with Forgiveness
And Your enduring faith in me
Veiled by humility
You moved through the world
Unrecognized
But I have seen...
I know of Your majesty
And long to give You more
To serve You
To be pure enough
So I confess
But You interrupt
And talk about Your Love for me
Telling me of all the exquisite things I will do
As though time were only this one moment
You, barefoot upon my thorns
Find bliss in the beauty of the rose
Your falling tears nourishing her
Encouraging her to grow
Until she becomes even lovelier
Through Your glory-tinted eyes
And so, I am Yours
Entwined around Your feet
Committed to all that You Will of me
As I secretly memorize Your wounds
And silently vow to return to them
To caress them tenderly
And tell You of their beauty
Of all they have allowed me to become
Through Your Sacrifice
And the Miracle of Knowing You
In the very moment of my worthiness
I shall remember...
And I shall return.
Evermore
Amen.
by Siren

Amen! Yes, batefoot upon our thorns!
ReplyDelete